This piquant green sauce—based on the same classic mixture as Gremolata Potatoes
—can be made up to four hours before serving (wrap tightly with plastic to prevent discoloration). It's wonderful alongside or on top of lamb, chicken, white beans, seafood and roasted beets.
Servings: Makes a generous 3/4 cup
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves , loosely packed
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves , loosely packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest (about 2 lemons, preferably Meyer)
- Generous pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 large cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons hot water
Chop together mint and parsley. Place in a bowl with salt, pepper, lemon zest, pepper flakes and garlic. Stir in olive oil with a fork; then stir in hot water.
Printed from Oprah.com on June 20, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.