Scoop up minty pea hummus with toasted pita triangles, or use it as a spring-y stand-in for pesto with linguini.
Servings: Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 small leeks , thoroughly washed and chopped, green parts removed
- 4 cups shelled peas (fresh or frozen)
- 3/4 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt , plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 pitas , cut into wedges and toasted
In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add leeks, cover and cook until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add peas and cook uncovered 8 minutes (5 minutes if using frozen peas). Add broth and cook 3 more minutes.
Remove from heat, stir in tahini and mint and spoon mixture into the bowl of a food processor. Process until fairly smooth. Add salt and pepper, seasoning with additional salt if desired. Place in a bowl and serve with toasted pita wedges.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 16, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.