Mediterranean Turkey Soup
Adapted from The Perricone Promise
January 01, 2006
Servings: Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green or red bell pepper , diced
- 1 yellow onion , chopped
- 2 ribs celery , chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic , chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper
- 6 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) plum tomatoes , chopped and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white beans
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked turkey
- Grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
Add bell pepper, onion, celery, garlic, basil, fennel seeds and crushed red pepper and sauté vegetables about 10 minutes or until tender.
Add tomatoes and broth.
Cover pot and simmer 10 minutes.
Add turkey and beans and until heated through, about 1 minute.
Garnish each soup bowl with one tablespoon of cheese; add salt and pepper to taste.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 17, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.