Servings: Serves 12–15
- 2 pounds (about 5 to 6) Idaho potatoes , peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup heavy cream , brought to a boil and kept warm
- 6 tablespoons butter , softened to room temperature
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons lime juice and zest of 2 limes
- 2 whole chipotle peppers in adobe sauce, chopped (may use less for less heat)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro , more sprigs for garnish
- Sour cream for garnish
In a large saucepan place, cover the chopped potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are very tender when stabbed with a fork, about 15 minutes. Drain well. Return to the saucepan and add the cream and butter (Melt the butter completely and combine with the lime juice and zest before adding to the potatoes). With a hand mixer, blend until just smooth (do not over-whip).
Add the chipotle peppers and cilantro. Combine ingredients. Garnish each serving with a dollop of sour cream and a cilantro sprig. Season generously with salt and pepper and serve immediately.