- Kosher salt
- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes , unpeeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large celery root (1 1/2 pounds), peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 cloves garlic , peeled
- 1 large shallot , finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups plain low-fat yogurt , plus 1/2 cup extra if desired
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Drain potato mixture in a colander. Return to pot; add shallot and yogurt. With back of a fork, smash potatoes against sides of pot until mostly smooth but still slightly chunky. If creamier texture is desired, add additional 1/2 cup yogurt. Add salt and pepper to taste.