Servings: Makes 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds sushi quality tuna
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (divided)
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 2 tablespoons whole picked flat-leaf parsley
Place tuna in a glass or non-reactive baking dish and rub flesh with salt and pepper. Add 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Preheat the broiler. Remove tuna from marinade and discard any excess liquid. Rub the tablespoons of olive oil on tuna and place on a non-stick baking sheet. Broil for 2 minutes, turn and repeat. Remove and cool, then refrigerate.
When very cold, slice into thin slices. Place slices on a platter overlapping just slightly. Drizzle with remaining teaspoon olive oil and remaining tablespoon lemon juice. Top with capers and parsley leaves. Serve very cold with 2 slices of baguette.