Reprinted from Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics: Fabulous Flavor from Simple Ingredients by Ina Garten. Copyright © 2008 by Ina Garten. With the permission of the publisher, Clarkson Potter/Publishers.
This recipe is from O's Thanksgiving menu.
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1 head garlic separated but not peeled
- 2 Tbsp. good olive oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces thinly sliced pancetta chopped
- 16 whole fresh sage leaves
- French bread for serving
Sprinkle pancetta and sage leaves evenly over squash and continue to bake for another 20 to 30 minutes, until squash and garlic are tender and caramelized. Season to taste and serve hot with French bread for guests to spread with the roasted garlic.