May be used to flavor fish or poultry, or as a vinaigrette.
- 1/4 cup Vermont maple syrup *
- 1 small shallot , minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
In a medium bowl, whisk together all but last three ingredients (or shake together in a jar with a tight-fitting lid). Let stand 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
Whisk in oils. Cover tightly; refrigerate for up to 4 days. (Yields 11/2 cups.)
* Dark amber maple syrup is preferred (available online at www.bairdfarm.com).
Printed from Oprah.com on March 9, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.