Sweetened with mango, this boldly colored couscous tastes as bright as it looks.
Servings: Serves 4 (Makes 5 cups)
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 mango , peeled, pitted and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 1 cup)
- 1 jalapeno chili , seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 ripe tomato , chopped
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup cilantro sprigs, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley sprigs, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt , plus more to taste
Prepare couscous according to package directions. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Add garlic, mango and jalapeño. Sauté until mango begins to color, about 1 minute.
Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, couscous, raisins, tomato, lime juice, cilantro and parsley and toss to heat through, about 1 minute. Season with salt. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 10, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.