Servings: Serves 6
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 ounces thinly sliced pancetta (about 5 slices), chopped
- 2 medium cooked beets , cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 cups mache
- 1 large Anjou pear , cored and sliced
- 3 ounces goat cheese , cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts , coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted coriander seeds , crushed
To make vinaigrette: In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil until blended; set aside.
To make salad: Bring a small saucepan of water to boil; add pancetta and boil 2 minutes. Drain; pat dry with paper towels. Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta; cook, stirring constantly, until crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
In a small bowl, combine beets and 1 tablespoon dressing. In a large bowl, toss mâche with remaining dressing; divide among 6 salad plates. Top each salad with pancetta, pear, cheese, walnuts, and beets; sprinkle with coriander seeds.