Servings: Serves 4
- 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat, extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh, grated grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups cooked whole wheat macaroni or penne
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs preferably panko
Preheat the oven to 400°. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat and add the flour, cooking and stirring until it's fully incorporated and lightly golden. Add the milk slowly, whisking constantly to work out any lumps that may form. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the mixture thickens slightly. Stir in the cheddar and Parmesan, and cook until fully melted. Toss the sauce with the pasta, place in a large baking dish, and top with the bread crumbs. Bake for 30 minutes, until the bread crumbs are toasted and a crust has formed on top.
340 calories, 9 grams fat, 412 milligrams sodium
Printed from Oprah.com on May 18, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.