It's a visual extravaganza: a shapely mix of long-haired pasta and strips of sautéed herbs, inspired by a traditional Italian meal.
Servings: Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch garlic chives (both white and green parts), sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese , plus extra for the table
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
In a large pot of salted water, cook linguine according to package directions. Drain well, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan over medium flame, heat olive oil. Add garlic chives and rosemary; cook 2 minutes. Turn heat off and add cooked linguine, half of the reserved pasta water, butter, and cheese. Mix well. If too dry, add remaining pasta water. Taste sauce and season with salt and pepper if needed.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 9, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.