Pack up in style with 4 more bags like the one pictured at left
- 2 (10-inch) flour tortillas , preferably whole grain
- 2 to 3 ounces grated cheese , such as Gruyère, Fontina, or Cheddar
- 6 ounces leftover cooked meat (steak, pork tenderloin, or chicken), cut into thin strips
- 1 cup roasted or cooked vegetables , such as winter squash, onions, mushrooms, peppers, and carrots (sliced if they are in large pieces)
- Pickled jalapenos (optional)
When ready to eat, remove from foil, place on a plate, and heat in microwave oven until cheese melts (about 1 to 2 minutes), turning once. Don't overdo the microwave time or the tortilla will toughen. If a toaster oven is available, use it instead, and heat quesadillas until golden brown and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. If desired, serve with salsa of your choice on the side, and a green salad.
Get more creative lunch recipes