Servings: Serves 4–6
- 1 pound lentils , rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 carrot , diced
- 1 small onion , diced
- 1 stalk celery , diced
- 3 to 4 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped dill
- 1 tsp. kosher salt , plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper , plus more to taste
- 4 cloves garlic confit | Get the recipe!
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter , softened
In a 2 1/2-quart saucepan, place rinsed lentils, bay leaf, carrots, onion, and celery. Add enough broth to cover by 1/2 inch. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cook until just tender, 45 to 50 minutes; there should be some liquid (about 3 tablespoons) left.
Remove from heat; season with dill, salt, and pepper. If desired, add additional salt and pepper to taste.
Mash garlic confit with unsalted butter. Stir into cooked lentils, and serve hot.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 9, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.