Lemony Zucchini and Basil Quinoa Pilaf with Chicken
From Domenica Catelli
January 01, 2006
This one-dish dinner makes great leftovers for a fun lunch salad.
Servings: Serves 6
- 1 medium yellow onion , chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups quinoa , dry toasted and rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 chicken breasts , cut into 1-inch pieces
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 zucchini , cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 lemons , juiced
- 1/2 cup slivered raw almonds
- 1 cup basil leaves , torn
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Sauté the onions and garlic in extra virgin olive oil in a medium-size pot. Add quinoa, broth, chicken and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. After 15 minutes, stir in zucchini, lemon juice, almonds and 3/4 of the basil. Turn heat off and replace lid for 2 minutes. Finish with the remaining basil and Parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
From the book Mom-a-licious: Fresh, Fast, Family Food for the Hot Mama in You! by Domenica Catelli
Printed from Oprah.com on March 10, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.