A coat of many flavors encases this delicious rack of lamb.
Servings: Makes 20 servings
- 3 racks (8 bones each) lamb , trimmed and Frenched (ask your butcher to do this for you)
- 3 tablespoons lavender honey
- 2 1/4 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 cloves garlic , coarsely chopped
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves , washed and dried
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 425°F. Brush fat side of each rack with one tablespoon honey and sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon herbes de Provence; season with salt and pepper. Coat each rack with 1/4 cup almonds. Place racks on a baking sheet and roast, fat side up, 32 minutes for medium rare or to desired doneness.
In a food processor, pulse almonds and garlic until finely chopped. Add basil, Parmesan, zest, and salt. With motor running, add olive oil in a slow, steady stream and process until mixture is smooth. Makes 11/4 cups.
Remove meat from oven. Let stand at least 5 minutes before slicing each rack into 8 individual chops. Serve with almond pesto.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 5, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.