gave Matt and Ted Lee the idea to make a rum and apple brandy punch with green tea.
Servings: Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup strong green tea
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (from about 4 lemons)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup dark rum
- 1 1/4 cups Laird's Applejack
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters (optional)
- 4 slices fresh pineapple , 1/2-inch thick, cut into sticks
- 1 quart crushed ice
- 2 stems fresh mint
- Maraschino cherries
- Lemon slices
Combine first eight ingredients, then pour into a thermos. Add ice and serve, garnishing with mint, cherries and lemon slices.
Printed from Oprah.com on May 25, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.