Servings: Serves 4
- 1 pound lamb shoulder , cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 portobello mushrooms , quartered
- 4 red peppers , cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 red onions , quartered
- 1 to 2 yellow squash , cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rosemary sprigs (used as skewers)
Whisk together the olive oil, garlic, cumin, coriander, paprika, salt and pepper in a glass baking dish. Add the lamb and toss to coat with the oil mixture. Let marinate at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerate for 1 1/2 to 4 hours, tossing occasionally. Place the rosemary skewers in a shallow dish, cover with cold water, and let stand for at least an hour.
Heat the grill to a medium temperature, or preheat the broiler. Thread the lamb pieces on the rosemary skewers, alternating with the mushrooms, peppers, onions and squash. Grill or broil the kebabs to desired doneness, turning occasionally, about 6 minutes for medium-rare meat.
416 calories, 33.2 grams fat, 10.2 grams saturated fat, 65 mg of cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 13.5 grams carbohydrate, 17.1 grams protein.