Makes 8 empanadas
- 1½ Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 (½-pound) bunch Tuscan (also called lacinato or dinosaur) kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 refrigerated (9") piecrusts, each cut into 8 triangles
Active time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat. Add kale, salt, and pepper and cook, tossing often, until wilted, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. When cooled to room temperature, gently toss with goat cheese.
Working with 1 piece of dough, brush edges with water. Place about ¼ cup kale filling in the middle of crust, leaving a ½" border all around. Top with second wedge and press closed. Seal edges with the tines of a fork and transfer to a large baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Cut a small X in each empanada and brush with remaining ½ Tbsp. oil.
Bake until golden brown and hot throughout, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.