Kale Salad with Sesame Dressing Recipe
Photo: Marcus Nilsson
- 1 Tbsp. white sesame seeds
- 1 pound kale, preferably Tuscan, stemmed and thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 5 large Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- Crushed red pepper flakes, for garnish
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced, for garnish
Total time: 15 minutes
In a small skillet, toast sesame seeds over medium-high heat, shaking, until golden brown, about 1 minute. Transfer to a plate and set aside to let cool.
In a large bowl, toss kale with salt and 1 tsp. vegetable oil and rub into kale to soften. Add Brussels sprouts and toss well.
In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and remaining Tbsp. vegetable oil. Pour dressing over greens, add reserved sesame seeds, and toss well. Garnish with a pinch of red pepper flakes and scallion and serve.
Adapted from Vegetable Literacy (Ten Speed Press) by Deborah Madison available for preorder.
More Meatless Recipes
Printed from Oprah.com on
© 2014 OWN, LLC. All Rights Reserved.