Jewels' Fantastic Fish Marinade
Recipe created by Jewels and Jill Elmore
May 22, 2009
Jewels says: "OK, I have to admit. I use this recipe a lot. I mean, a lot. It's a simple concoction that makes everything taste bright and fresh—not just on fish! I do use it on all kinds of fish and shrimp, first as a marinade and then I spoon some on
Servings: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 bulb fennel
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon , zested
- 1 lime , zested
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- A few cranks of a pepper mill
- A few crushed pink peppercorns
- 1 tsp. curry powder (or to taste)
- Handful fresh Italian parsley or dill
- 1/2 stalk lemongrass , finely chopped
1. Cut the shallot and fennel in tiny dices (or process in a blender) and add all the other ingredients, including any optional ones you desire.
This will keep for a few days so make a batch and use it more than once!
Jewels' Smart Idea
For salads, I add this marinade to red quinoa and toss it in with cucumbers or tomatoes to spice them up. It also makes a wonderful marinade to grill tomatoes.
Recipe from The Family Chef by Jewels and Jill Elmore, courtesy of Celebra Books, an imprint of Penguin Group (USA).
Printed from Oprah.com on May 23, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.