Jewels' Fantastic Fish Marinade
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 bulb fennel
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon , zested
- 1 lime , zested
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- A few cranks of a pepper mill
- A few crushed pink peppercorns
- 1 tsp. curry powder (or to taste)
- Handful fresh Italian parsley or dill
- 1/2 stalk lemongrass , finely chopped
This will keep for a few days so make a batch and use it more than once!
Jewels' Smart Idea
For salads, I add this marinade to red quinoa and toss it in with cucumbers or tomatoes to spice them up. It also makes a wonderful marinade to grill tomatoes.
Recipe from The Family Chef by Jewels and Jill Elmore, courtesy of Celebra Books, an imprint of Penguin Group (USA).