- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound chicken thighs, cut into pieces
- 1 pound shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 1 pound tilapia or white fish or halibut or orange roughy , cut into cubes
- 1 pound smoked sausage , sliced
- 1 large onion , chopped
- 1 bell pepper , chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 4 stalks celery , chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Creole seasoning
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 4 tomatoes , peeled, seeded and chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
Add the Creole seasoning, tomato paste, tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
Add the bay leaves, season with salt and stir in the long-grain rice. Reduce the heat so that the mixture simmers, then cover. Cook until the liquid has almost evaporated, about 30 minutes. Great jambalaya should be a little wet.
Just before serving, remove the bay leaves and stir in the freshly chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy.
Back to the Family © 2007 by Thomas Nelson Publishers.