Created by Annie Wayte
Bits of fresh berries intensify a tea, mint and fruit-infused punch. For adult palates, substitute champagne for the sparkling water and add dark rum.
Servings: Serves 8–10
- 2 tablespoons loose berry or fruit tea or 6 bags of berry tea
- Natural-cane turbinado sugar to taste
- 2 cups fresh seasonal fruit , such as a combination of raspberries, blueberries, sliced strawberries, pitted cherries, grapes
- 1 orange , skin removed, cut into segments
- 1 lemon , quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 lime , quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves , coarsely chopped
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 2 cups sparkling water or champagne , optional
- 3 cups dark rum , optional
Bring six cups water to a boil; add tea leaves and steep 10 minutes. Strain into a vessel and discard leaves. Add sugar to taste, stirring to dissolve. Cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate.
Place ice, fruit and mint in a large pitcher. Add the cold tea and, if using, sparkling water or champagne, and rum. Stir and serve.