Those who love hummus will dive right in to this delicious dip. For newcomers, this recipe is a perfect introduction.
Servings: Makes 8 servings (2 cups hummus)
- 2 cups canned chickpeas , drained, liquid reserved
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 large lemons)
- 2 tablespoons water or liquid from chickpeas
- 8 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 4 heads Belgian endive , trimmed, with leaves separated
In a food processor, pulse chickpeas, salt, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, water and Tabasco to a coarse puree.
Transfer hummus to a bowl. Place in the center of a large platter and arrange endive leaves around the bowl.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 12, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.