Stressed out by the idea of gift wrapping? Have no fear! Use this step-by-step guide to create a package you'll be proud to give!
1. Make sure you have enough work space, then roll out the wrapping paper. Be sure you have enough paper to fit around the entire gift. Measure if necessary, leaving a few extra inches to be sure you are completely covered.
2. Once the paper is cut to the right size, place your gift face down in the middle of the paper. Bring paper from the long side of the box, up to the middle of your package. Pull both sides tightly so the paper hugs your package smoothly, and tape closed.
3. Next, you need to close the ends. Face the open end towards you and fold the right and left edges, pushing the sides in next to your box, to form flaps.
4. Fold top flap down to the box, pulling tightly, and tape. Fold the bottom flap up tightly and tape. Repeat on other side of package.
5. Position box so top is facing up. Run your thumb and forefinger across the edges of the box to create a creased edge. Repeat on bottom of the box.
Get creative! Wrap your gift in pretty fabric or layers of patterned tissue paper!
Print a copy of our step-by-step wrapping guide.
You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the guide. Download it here.
Now, learn how to tie a ribbon.