Honeydew Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/2 medium honeydew, seeded, flesh scooped with a melon baller
- 1/2 medium English cucumber, seed membrane scraped out, cut into half moons
- 1/2 pound seedless green grapes, cut in half (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp. canola or olive oil
- 1 tsp. water
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds
- 4 large fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
In a large serving bowl, combine the honeydew, cucumber, and grapes.
Whisk the lime juice, oil, water, honey, and poppy seeds in a small bowl or glass measuring cup, and pour over the honeydew mixture. (Scrape any stubborn poppy seeds onto the salad.) Top with mint, give a good stir, and serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Ripe © 2012 by Cheryl Sternman Rule, Running Press, a member of the Perseus Book Group.
More Delicious Sides