Honey-Lime Marinated Pork Chops
Recipe created by Marsha Simoneaux
January 01, 2006
When Oprah rang doorbells in Nashville to find out what people were cooking, Marsha just happened to be prepping these pork chops for the grill!
Servings: Makes 6 servings
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 (3/4-pound) pork tenderloins or 6 pork chops
Mix all ingredients and pour over pork in a 13x9-inch pan. Seal tightly and let marinate for 20 to 30 minutes. Remove pork from marinade; reserve remaining marinade.
Place pork on grill, basting with marinade occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 160°F. Let stand 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a 1-quart saucepan, cook the remaining marinade over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil (2 to 3 minutes). Serve the pork with marinade on top or on the side.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 12, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.