In addition to setting the scene with movie posters and serving traditional theater treats, here are some ways you can customize a viewing party for some of the season's best movies!White Christmas
How the Grinch Stole Christmas Kids' Party!
- White Christmas invitations can be designed with a simple snow scene. Include lyrics from the songs "Snow" or "White Christmas."
- While on the train to Vermont, the Haynes sisters order club sandwiches and lemonade. Have both as snacks for your guests.
- At the end of the movie, give your guests our holiday movie quiz! Have a copy of the film on DVD as the top prize.
- As a parting gift, give each friend a snowflake ornament or a Bing Crosby CD.
Miracle on 34th Street
- Have a kids viewing party for The Grinch! You can serve the classic Seuss dish, green eggs and ham (mix a little pesto in your scrambled eggs to make them green!) You can also serve Roast Beast (substituting beef for beast), Who pudding or Who hash.
- Visit your local party supply store for Seuss-inspired party bags. Look for things like crazy straws, and cartoonish cups and plates for the kids.
- At the end of the day, give your guests our kids' holiday movie quiz! Have a copy of the film on DVD as the top prize
- Have a craft table set up so everyone can make stockings like the ones in the film. Use felt to create the base and let kids glue on Seuss-like designs (polka dots, wacky colored stripes). Then, stuff the stockings with flavored candy canes and send home as a party gift!
- Invitations can be made of black and white postcards of New York City. You could include quotes from the film like, "Faith is believing when common sense tells you not to" or "I believe...I believe...Even though it's silly, I believe."
- In the movie, Natalie Wood's character loves her gum! Have big bowls of bubble gum around your house.
- If you have kids at your party, have them write letters to Santa! Have postcards and markers ready for them.
- The entire film takes place in New York City in the 1940s. Serve your guests New York's finest snacks including pizza, cheesecake and Serendipity's Frrrozen Hot Chocolate!