You can recreate one of the 22 courses Laurie sampled at the French Laundry in Napa Valley, California, with this amazing recipe. It's definitely not low-fat, but when the food is this good, calories don't matter!
- 12 large or 24 small ripe figs , preferably Black Mission
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 shallots , thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 12 thin slices prosciutto di Parma
Cook, shaking the pan occasionally, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 10 minutes, shaking the pan twice.
Remove the pan from the oven and arrange the figs on 6 serving plates. Discard the rosemary and the bay leaf. Whisk the vinegar into the skillet and cook over medium heat until warmed through. Drizzle the figs with the liquid and drape the prosciutto di Parma over them. Serve immediately.