A no-cook gazpacho makes party-planning easy!
Servings: Serves 8
- 1 small white onion , cut into chunks
- 1 large clove garlic , peeled
- 1 large red bell pepper , cored, seeded and cut into chunks
- 3 pounds mixed heirloom tomatoes , halved and seeded, and 1 Green Zebra or other green heirloom tomato , cut into 8 wedges, for garnish
- 2 to 3 cups tomato juice
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt , plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper , plus more to taste
- Pinch cayenne pepper , plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil , for drizzling
In a blender or the bowl of a food processor fitted with knife blade, mince onion and garlic until almost pureed. Transfer to a large bowl. Place bell pepper in bowl of food processor; pulse until coarsely chopped. Add tomatoes in batches and continue to pulse until almost pureed.
Transfer tomato-pepper mixture to bowl containing onion and garlic mixture. Stir in 2 cups tomato juice. Mixture should have the consistency of thick soup; to make thinner, add 1 more cup juice. Stir in vinegar, salt, pepper and cayenne. Refrigerate until chilled. Adjust seasoning to taste before serving.
To serve, pour into individual glasses. Drizzle with olive oil and garnish each glass with a tomato wedge.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 8, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.