This recipe is part of O 's Comfort Food Menu
- 4 quarts homemade or canned chicken broth
- 1 3/4-pound cleaned whole chicken
- 6 large carrots , scrubbed, thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions , chopped
- 3 stalks celery , diced
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh dill
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) medium egg noodles
- Freshly ground pepper
Return broth to pot and bring to a boil. Add carrots, onions, and celery. Simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
Shred meat from chicken, discarding skin and bones. Tear into small pieces. Add chicken meat back into pot along with herbs and noodles. Increase heat to medium-high and continue to cook until noodles are just tender, about 6 to 8 minutes. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.