Hazelnut-Encrusted Wild Salmon Fillets on Bed of Wilted Greens
Adapted from The Whole Foods Bible
January 01, 2006
Almonds or sunflower seeds may also be used in place of hazelnuts.
Servings: Serves 4
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated organic lemon zest (use organic lemons to avoid non-organic lemon rind which is treated with fungicide)
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups mixed organic baby greens (arugula, mesclun, spinach, etc.)
- Dash of sea salt and fresh pepper
- Lemon wedges
Grind the almonds in a coffee grinder or food processor—do not overgrind and turn into a paste.
Mix almonds, parsley, lemon peel, salt and pepper on plate.
Dry the salmon; dredge salmon on both sides in the almond mixture.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the salmon and cook about 5 minutes on each side, making sure that the salmon is cooked through.
Arrange one cup of greens per plate.
Transfer the hot salmon fillets to plates.
Garnish with lemon wedges and serve immediately.
Printed from Oprah.com on May 23, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.