This vegetable salad provides a burst of spring in every mouthful.
Servings: Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound haricots verts or other green beans , stems removed
- 1/2 small red onion , thinly sliced
- 1 cup halved (lengthwise) cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, salt, and chopped dill; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
To a large pot of boiling water, add 1 tablespoon salt. Add haricots verts and cook until just tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain well and rinse in very cold water until completely cool. Refrigerate until cold. Meanwhile, soak red onions in cold water 10 minutes; drain. In a large bowl, combine chilled haricots verts, drained onions, tomatoes, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Toss with dressing and serve.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 9, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.