- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberry beans (about 1 1/2 pounds unshelled)
- 3 cups cold water
- 3/4 tsp. salt , plus more to taste
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large shallot , minced
- 1 bell pepper (red, yellow, or green), cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 6 ounces green beans , trimmed
- 2 ears corn , kernels removed (about 1 heaping cup)
- 6 ounces grape tomatoes (about 1 heaping cup)
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper , plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 8 ounces halloumi , cut into 8 equally thick slices and patted dry with paper towels
In a 12-inch sauté pan, heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Add shallots and cook until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Increase heat to medium-high; add pepper strips and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in green beans, corn, tomatoes, remaining 1/4 tsp. salt, black pepper, and 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook until tomatoes split and green beans turn bright green and just tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
Add cranberry beans and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Stir in basil and adjust seasoning to taste.
Meanwhile, in another sauté pan, heat remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat; add halloumi. Cook until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Divide ragout among 4 plates and top each serving with 2 slices cheese.
Note: If you can't find fresh cranberry beans, substitute canned cannellini or great northern beans, rinsed and drained, and skip the first step.