Jazz up simple grilled vegetables with some spicy, tangy Romesco Pesto
Servings: Makes 4 servings
- 4 leeks , green ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium zucchini , cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 baby eggplants , cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup Romesco Pesto
Place leeks in a large bowl filled with cold water. Let stand 20 minutes; rinse under running water to flush out any remaining sand.
Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. In a large bowl, combine olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add zucchini and eggplant, tossing until coated.
Grill vegetables 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until leeks are charred and zucchini and eggplant are tender. Peel off charred leek leaves. Arrange all vegetables on a platter with Romesco Pesto in a bowl on the side.
To eat, dip vegetables into pesto or spoon onto each one individually.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 11, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.