Grilled Tuna Caesar Salad
Get more recipes from Marcus Samuelsson's summer grilling menu
- 1 1/2 cups plus 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 slices firm white bread , crusts removed and cut into 1/2-inch thick cubes
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 fillets anchovies
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 heads romaine lettuce , rinsed and torn into small pieces
- Cilantro leaves from 4 sprigs, chopped
- Parsley leaves from 2 sprigs, chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs , sliced lengthwise
- 8 slices shaved Parmesan
- Grilled Tuna (below)
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 scallions , thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Juice from 1 lime
- 4 3-ounce tuna steaks
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a blender or food processor, combine the egg yolks, mustard, garlic and anchovies, and puree until smooth. With the motor running, add the remaining 1 1/2 cups of olive oil and the lime juice in a slow, steady stream, and blend until the dressing is emulsified.
Place the romaine, cilantro, parsley, croutons and sesame seeds in a large bowl, add the dressing, and toss to coat.
To serve, place half of an egg in the bottom of each serving bowl and divide the lettuce mixture among the bowls. Top each salad with 2 pieces of Parmesan and an equal amount of Grilled Tuna.
To make tuna: Prepare the grill over high heat. In a small bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, scallions, soy sauce and lime juice. Set aside.
Brush the tuna with the olive oil and season with the salt and pepper. Place the tuna on the grill and sear for about 30 seconds per side. Transfer the tuna to a cutting board and slice. Drizzle with the sesame-soy mixture and serve.