Servings: Serves 4–6
- 2 T-bone steaks (6 ounces each)
- Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Canola oil , to season grill pan
- 2 quarts baby Roma tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber , seeded, skins on and diced into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp. red onion , diced small
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. fresh oregano , chopped
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 ounces Greek feta cheese , crumbled
To make tomato salsa: Stir all ingredients together in a bowl except the salt and feta. Let stand at room temperature until ready to serve. Just before you serve, add the salt. (If you put the salt in too early, it will extract the juices from the vegetables and will be runny.) Add the crumbled feta cheese.
To make steak: Sprinkle a healthy pinch of kosher salt on each side of steak. Crack fresh pepper on both sides.
Heat an indoor grill pan, cast-iron skillet or outdoor grill until extremely hot. Add oil and spread with a paper towel.
Grill the steak for 3 minutes, then flip using tongs and grill for 3 minutes more. Flip again and grill steak, turning every 2 minutes for a total grill time of 10 minutes for medium rare.
(Rare: 120°; medium rare: 125°; medium: 130°)
When you have reached desired doneness, remove from heat and let the steak rest for 5 to 6 minutes before slicing. This way the steaks will retain their juices!
Serve with Greek Tomato Salsa.