Grilled T-bone Steak with Greek Tomato Salsa
If you can't find baby Roma tomatoes, you can use cherry tomatoes. You can also use this topping on grilled chicken, fish, eggs and pasta!
- 2 T-bone steaks (6 ounces each)
- Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Canola oil , to season grill pan
- 2 quarts baby Roma tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber , seeded, skins on and diced into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp. red onion , diced small
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. fresh oregano , chopped
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 ounces Greek feta cheese , crumbled
To make steak: Sprinkle a healthy pinch of kosher salt on each side of steak. Crack fresh pepper on both sides.
Heat an indoor grill pan, cast-iron skillet or outdoor grill until extremely hot. Add oil and spread with a paper towel.
Grill the steak for 3 minutes, then flip using tongs and grill for 3 minutes more. Flip again and grill steak, turning every 2 minutes for a total grill time of 10 minutes for medium rare.
(Rare: 120°; medium rare: 125°; medium: 130°)
When you have reached desired doneness, remove from heat and let the steak rest for 5 to 6 minutes before slicing. This way the steaks will retain their juices!
Serve with Greek Tomato Salsa.