If you can't find baby Roma tomatoes, you can use cherry tomatoes. You can also use this topping on grilled chicken, fish, eggs and pasta!
- 2 T-bone steaks (6 ounces each)
- Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Canola oil , to season grill pan
- 2 quarts baby Roma tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber , seeded, skins on and diced into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp. red onion , diced small
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. fresh oregano , chopped
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 ounces Greek feta cheese , crumbled
To make steak: Sprinkle a healthy pinch of kosher salt on each side of steak. Crack fresh pepper on both sides.
Heat an indoor grill pan, cast-iron skillet or outdoor grill until extremely hot. Add oil and spread with a paper towel.
Grill the steak for 3 minutes, then flip using tongs and grill for 3 minutes more. Flip again and grill steak, turning every 2 minutes for a total grill time of 10 minutes for medium rare.
(Rare: 120°; medium rare: 125°; medium: 130°)
When you have reached desired doneness, remove from heat and let the steak rest for 5 to 6 minutes before slicing. This way the steaks will retain their juices!
Serve with Greek Tomato Salsa.