Try this delicious recipe!
Servings: Serves 6
- 2 pounds boneless sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pitted and finely chopped black oil-cured olives
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fleur de sel or kosher salt
- 1 bunch arugula
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Davidson's pasteurized egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed through a press
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
In a shallow glass dish, combine beef, rosemary, thyme, olive oil, and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
In a blender, combine 1/4 cup olive oil, egg, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and red pepper. Blend until combined. Remove center of cover (or entire cover) and, at low speed, slowly pour remaining 3/4 cup olive oil into mixture in a steady stream; continue blending until thick. (Makes about 1 cup of aioli.)
In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup aioli and olives.
Prepare the grill. Sprinkle beef with fleur de sel, and place on grill. Cook beef over medium heat, 6 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until desired doneness. Let cool 5 minutes.
Scatter arugula on a large platter. Slice beef, and lay slices over arugula. Serve with olive aioli.
Recommended ingredients: Davidson's pasteurized eggs are available online at safeeggs.com. Fleur de sel is available online at chefshop.com or at specialty food markets.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 7, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.