Servings: Serves about 6, depending on size of shrimp
- 2 large ripe mangoes , peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt , or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. large shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil , for grilling
To make the salsa: Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
To make the shrimp: Rinse and drain shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. In a bowl, combine shrimp, soy sauce and orange juice. Let stand 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare a grill, oiling the grill rack. Thread shrimp onto metal skewers (or wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for about an hour). Brush with oil and grill over medium heat, regularly brushing with soy mixture, 3 to 4 minutes per side, until shrimp are cooked through. Remove from skewers and place on a serving platter. Serve with mango salsa, Basmati Rice with Toasted Pine Nuts
, and Warm Roasted Winter Vegetable Salad