Servings: Makes 4 Servings
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds rib eye or strip steaks , about 1-inch thick
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary , finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1. Arrange steaks in a single layer in a large baking dish. In a small bowl, stir together oil, sugar, rosemary, garlic, salt, black pepper, and cayenne. Spread mixture evenly over both sides of the steaks; cover and refrigerate 4 to 12 hours.
2. Remove steaks from refrigerator and let sit 30 minutes before using. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Grill steaks 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare (145° on an instant-read thermometer). Transfer steaks to a board; let stand 10 minutes and slice ¼-inch thick.
Printed from Oprah.com on May 21, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.