- 3 cups veal demi (available at specialty food stores)
- 1 onion , medium, diced
- 1 carrot , medium, diced
- 1 stick celery , medium, diced
- 1 leek , medium, diced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup shallots , chopped
- 1/2 cup Bing cherries , smashed with pits
- 1 tablespoon heavy red wine
- 1 cup Napa Valley Red Ver Jus (available at specialty food stores)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 ounces ruby port
- 1 pat unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- 6 bunches arugula , washed
- 1 pound Bing cherries , pitted and halved
- 1 Maui onion , very thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups Basmati rice , cooked
- 1 cup Beluga lentils , cooked
- 6 ounces goat cheese (best available)
- 1 jar grape leaves , drained, washed and stems cut off
- 1/4 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 bunch dill , chopped
- 3 shallots , minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Combine arugula, cherries and onion in bowl. Dress with extra virgin oil, salt and pepper and set aside.
Combine vinegar, shallots, mustard, dill, salt and pepper in a bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil, set aside.
Combine rice, lentils and goat cheese in a large bowl. Gently toss with dill vinaigrette. Rinse grape leaves and remove stem with scissors. Place 1 tablespoon filling on bottom of leaf. Fold sides of leaf in and then roll forward, toward the pointed end of leaf. Make sure to roll tightly. Lightly coat dolmas in olive oil, salt and pepper. When ready to serve, grill, until char marks are evident and dolma is warmed through.
Pre heat oven to 350°F. Heat large saucepan until smoking. Coat bottom of pan with olive oil. Heavily season lamb racks with salt and pepper. Place lamb rack meat side down and sear until golden brown. Flip rack over and place into oven for 2–3 minutes, until rare (if no grill is available, leave rack in oven for 8–10 minutes, and serve). Remove from oven and cool. Cut each rack into chops. (4 small or 3 large per person). Heat grill or barbecue to high. When ready to serve, put down chops on grill at a 45 angle for 1 to 2 minutes. Move to opposite 45 angles for a diamond pattern on one side. Flip chops and grill for 1–2 minutes, more if medium or medium-well is desired temperature.
Reheat sauce in a small sauté pan and add one pat unsalted butter. Place four grill warmed dolmas on each plate. Cover with salad mixture. Place each lamp chop meat side down on outside sections of plate. Prop chop bones against one another, forming a pyramid. Drizzle lamb sauce over top.