- 4 corn on the cob, cleaned with no husk
- 1 cup mayonnaise (preferably Hellman's)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sambal chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Pinch of sea salt and ground pepper
- 2 limes cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Chili powder to taste
- A few Tbsp. melted butter
In a medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, chili sambal, sugar, salt and pepper. Set aside in the refrigerator.
Preheat a grill to 350°. While grill is heating, soak the corn in cold water, making sure they are fully submerged, for about 10 minutes (this will ensure the corn doesn't dry out when you grill it).
When grill is ready, shake the excess water off the corn and place the cobs on the grill for 10-12 minutes, turning to cook on all sides. Lightly brush corn on all sides with butter.
To serve, lay corn on one side. Spread chili mayo from end to end. Sprinkle coconut flakes generously on top and a few dashes of chili powder. Squeeze lime juice over the corn and serve.
More Summer Grilling Recipes