Servings: Makes 4 servings
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons mild-flavored honey (such as clover, wild thistle, or lavender)
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 chicken breasts , boneless and skinless (2 1/2 pounds total)
- 6 cups baby spinach , cleaned and dried
- 1/2 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup roasted salted cashews
To make the dressing, combine lemon juice, mustard, cumin, and honey in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil in a steady stream. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
Place chicken in a shallow dish and pour in 3 tablespoons dressing. Turn breasts to coat well. Let sit at room temperature 30 minutes. Heat grill or grill pan to medium high. Grill 4 to 6 minutes on each side until done, turning often to prevent burning. (Chicken should be browned and firm.) Remove from grill and allow to cool 10 minutes. Cut into 1/4-inch strips.
In a large bowl, toss spinach, tomatoes, and cashews with remaining dressing and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Transfer to a platter or divide among 4 plates, and top with chicken strips.