- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes or other waxy potato , unpeeled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt , divided, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest (about 1 lemon, preferably Meyer)
- Generous pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 large clove garlic , minced
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper , plus more to taste
In a large, heavy skillet, heat olive oil over high heat until sizzling. Add potatoes and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. salt. Cook until golden brown, occasionally shaking skillet so potatoes don't stick. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together parsley, mint, thyme, lemon zest, pepper flakes, garlic, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper. Set aside.
Remove potatoes from heat, add to herb mixture, and toss until evenly coated. Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed. Transfer to a warmed bowl or small platter to serve.