- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 bunches (about 1 pound each) Swiss chard , collard or turnip greens, stems discarded and leaves cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces, washed
- 3 strips Applewood smoked bacon , cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 shallot , thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons raspberry or other fruit vinegar , or to taste
In a 12-inch skillet, fry bacon over medium heat, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until crisp. Add shallots and sauté, stirring, 1 minute.
Add greens and cook, turning with tongs, 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add vinegar; salt and pepper to taste. Toss and serve hot.