For a Latin twist, omit the cucumber, scallion, parsley, and tarragon, and stir in 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro and 1 teaspoon ground cumin instead.
Servings: Makes 1 3/4 cups
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 large ripe Hass avocado , halved, pitted, and peeled
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons peeled, seeded, and grated cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a food processor with metal blade attached, mince garlic. Add avocado and vinegar; process until fairly smooth. With motor running, drizzle in 2/3 cup water. Scrape into a bowl and stir in cucumber, scallion, parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper. Cover surface of dressing with plastic wrap to prevent browning; refrigerate until serving, up to 1 week. Stir before using.