Adapted from The Perricone Promise
January 01, 2006
Try this delicious recipe!
Servings: Serves 2
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves or romaine lettuce torn into bite size pieces
- 1 small green bell pepper , chopped
- 1/2 cucumber , chopped
- 1/2 red onion , sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/3 cup Greek or Kalamata olives
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 piece (6 ounces) feta , quartered
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- Freshly grated pepper , to taste
Whisk olive oil, lemon juice and garlic together in a small bowl. Set aside.
Combine the rest of the ingredients in a large wooden salad bowl.
Add dressing and gently toss until all ingredients are coated with dressing.
Printed from Oprah.com on May 22, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.