Greek Salad Sandwich with Creamy Lemon Dressing
Created by Bobby Flay
March 23, 2009
This fresh and tasty Greek Salad Sandwich can be eaten with a pita or served open-face on naan.
Servings: Serves 4
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 Tbsp. Hellmann's Lite Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 fresh lemon , juiced
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Greek extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 English cucumber , thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes , sliced in half
- 1 small red onion , halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 head romaine lettuce , thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 4 pita pockets or naan
Combine garlic, mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil until emulsified and season with salt and pepper.
Combine the cucumber, tomatoes, onion, feta, romaine and parsley in a bowl. Add some of the dressing and toss to coat, and season with salt and pepper.
Spread some of the dressing over the entire surface of the bread, and top with some of the salad. Roll and eat or serve open-face on a large plate.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 9, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.